We are looking for individuals who believe they have the commitment, the energy, the passion and the determination to engage fully with a sustained and challenging rehearsal process.
It is 1996, and through an error in pronunciation, the Alexandria Ceremonial Police Orchestra is stranded in the isolated desert town of Bet Havitka, Israel, rather than Petah Tikva, their actual destination. Without knowing the language and with very little money, the band members, led by conductor Tewfiq Zakaria, are welcomed by the locals, including café owner Dina and her two employees, Papi and Itzik.
During this one night in a sleepy town where nothing much changes, the Egyptian band members and their Israeli hosts communicate in English, their only common language, and find their mutual love of music, whether traditional Middle Eastern ballads or American jazz and Chet Baker. Winner of ten Tony Awards and featuring a score based on traditional Middle Eastern styles played by on-stage musicians, The Band's Visit appeals to the universal romance and passion people find in music, no matter where they are from.
Presented by arrangement with Music Theatre International (Europe) Limited
This project is supported by Arts Council Malta
Ages: Includes adult, mature adult, and young adult characters
Performance Dates and Rehearsals
Performances will be held during the first two weekends of May 2023, at Teatru Manoel.
Production week commences on Monday, 1st May 2023.
Rehearsals for cast members will start in January 2023, with the possibility of a read-through some time before.
15th and 16th October 2022 - First round of auditions
23rd October 2022 - Callbacks
1. Download the Audition Information Pack and read the details.
2. Fill in the Audition Form, including the part/s you would like to audition for, and submit it.
3. You will receive an email with a time slot and your audition material (scenes, song and/or score to be played).
4. Arrive around 10 minutes ahead of your audition slot to ensure smooth progress.
5. Enjoy your performance and be prepared to wait if you're asked to be paired with someone else.
6. Await our feedback via email.
If you have any further questions, kindly email us on email@example.com